Become a Photoshop World Guru
The Guru Awards are a special Photoshop World contest just for attendees!
What Are the Guru Awards?
The Guru Awards were created to honor and recognize the design, photography, retouching, and creativity of our attendees. Since their humble beginnings in 1999, the Guru Awards have now become the most prestigious and coveted awards in the international digital imaging industry. Attendees may submit up to three individual pieces per category, in up to three of the following categories:
Entry pieces for this category should be original photographs that have been (optionally) edited or corrected with Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom.
Pieces you submit with your entry form in the Illustration category should be completely original works of art, which were hand-drawn or painted.
This category can include photos that have been digitally painted over, added to with 3D or vector, or have been modified with plug-ins/filters.
Designs, photos, collages, illustrations and typography are all acceptable, so long as they convey a product or marketing message.
Composites (Montages) are collaged pieces, which are made up of a combination of elements from multiple photographic, photorealistic, or 3D sources.
Open to submissions of Photography, Design or Illustration. The only restriction for this category is that entries must be from registered students.
Rules & Deadlines for Submission
All full paid three-day conference pass holders are eligible to enter, and may enter up to three pieces in up to three different categories (no more than nine pieces total). If you are under 18 your work must be submitted in the student category. All guru award submissions must be submitted through our online submission form below and must be received no later than 11:59pm Eastern Time (ET) on April 27th, 2018.
Prizes & Recognition
The winner in each category will be announced 'live' at the Guru Awards & Wrap-Up Ceremony held on the last day of the conference. Each winner is awarded with a Guru Award trophy, as well as special prizes from our sponsors. Finalists' will appear in a special gallery at the Conference and will receive a $250 B&H Photo Gift Certificate. One piece will be selected as our 'Best of Show' winner and will receive a $500 B&H Photo Gift Certificate.
The Official Awards Entry Form
To enter, fill out the form below. You can select up to 3 categories, and submit up to 3 pieces in each category. Re-submissions are not accepted, so make sure that every part of your submission is final & accurate.
FAQ - General Info
How many Pieces and Categories May I Enter?
What Are the Entry Requirements?
- All final images in your submitted entry must be original works created by you, in their FINAL states (re-submissions are not allowed). Modifying, enhancing, or altering someone else's existing artwork does not qualify as an original creation, however legally-acquired stock photography may be used and modified in your entries
- Your entry should be comprised of up to three (3) pieces in up to three (3) categories, for a possible maximum of nine (9) total pieces.
- The images you submit with your entry form should be in the .JPG, .JPEG, or .PNG file formats; No larger than 3MB in file size (each).
- Entered pieces should not contain nudity or criminal behavior/elements (e.g., illicit drug use, murder, etc.).
- For submissions in the Composite category, you must provide the 'original' or 'before' versions of any and all resources that were used to create your final work(s), along with source information. This can include un-edited photos/film, stock photos, designs/vectors/artwork, etc. You may compile these source materials into one image (as a collage) when adding it to your submission form, but you may be asked for the separate, original source material(s) later, at the discretion of the judging panel (so please retain them).